Last but not least, Theresa is the final member of the.B.Law Style Panel! Theresa and I also met in college when she too joined my sorority Sigma Kappa. She, Amanda, Heather, and I all got pretty close and continued to get closer and closer even after graduation. Theresa and I also worked together at Abercrombie with Heather, it was great when we were together! It has been so awesome to be a part of Theresa’s life and see what great things are happening for her. First her wedding and now she is having a baby! Exhibit A: the cutest baby bump! *insert heart eyes*
Theresa is a recruiter and she will be giving us all the deets on interviewing. Not only how to dress for an interview but how to have a successful interview and what to do before, during and after. She is totally my work guru. In addition to all things work, she also has some bump style to share! Check her out!
- Describe your personal style in 3-5 words: Classic and casual
- Your go to outfit/piece of clothing: Jeans, booties, and a loose top
- Favorite place to shop: Nordstrom Rack
- Favorite shoe brand: Steve Madden
- Favorite current trend: Slip on Vans
- Style preference: Casual
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration: Pinterest and Brittany
- One piece of makeup you cannot live without: Eyebrow pencil
Happy Wednesday all! Today I would like to introduce you to the next style panelist Amanda! I have mentioned Amanda numerous times so you may also know her from her blog Glitter it Gold. Amanda and I met during fall sorority recruitment in 2008. We got to know each other in our Sigma Kappa pledge class and have been best friends ever since! It is crazy to think next year will be our ten year frienaversary. Time goes by so fast and we have gone through so much together, like her wedding! Fun fact about us, almost every time we are together someone asks if we are sisters or if we are related. Even back in college I would walk around campus and someone would yell, “hey Amanda!” and I would just laugh and wave back.
Here on the.B.Law Amanda will be helping with dressing to impress. She has such poise. Whenever someone in our group has to go somewhere fancy we are asking Amanda for tips. She is also a boss lady and will be helping out with work attire and interview attire and tips. I am so excited to have her here! Keep reading below for her style facts!
- Describe your personal style in 3-5 words: Low maintenance, versatile, and feminine
- Your go to outfit/piece of clothing: A dress with booties
- Favorite place to shop: T.J. Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, and boutique shops found while traveling
- Favorite shoe brand: Sam Edelman and Franco Sarto
- Favorite current trend: Athleisure!
- Style preference: Casual
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration: Bloggers on Instagram and Like-to-Know-It.
- One piece of makeup you cannot live without: Brow powder, “it frames and defines my face and it always feels/looks odd without it.”
The fourth member of the.B.Law Style Panel is Cherlynn! We have been best friends for 17 years now. We met in the street because my dad moved onto hers when I was in 4th grade. Although we never went to the same school we always stayed in touch and we finally lived in the same city in high school. Then the best thing happened, we went to the same college, the University of La Verne! It was fate. What is so unique about our friendship is she is actually my older sister’s best friend too. Cher is even close to our younger sister. We call ourselves the “Quadpod” and text in a group message everyday. She is literally like a sister and has seen us all through the best and worst times.
Anyways, Cherlynn will be my expert on dressing to work with kids and staying stylish AND comfy doing so. She will also be talking about dressing for dates, especially when it’s a brand new date! I’m excited for what she has to share! Check out her fun facts below:
- Describe your personal style in 3-5 words: In work- professional, outside of work- simple and casual
- Your go to outfit/piece of clothing: Boyfriend pants
- Favorite place to shop: Target
- Favorite shoe brand: Depends on the shoe- Nike, Rainbows, Converse, and heels I don’t care as long as they are comfy!
- Favorite current trend: Anything with flowers
- Style preference: Casual or dressy, it really depends
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration: Pinterest or Instagram
- One piece of makeup you cannot live without: Lancôme foundation
Next up on the.B.Law Style Panel I would like to introduce Nicole! Her job on the panel is unique from the others because she is my beauty expert! Nicole is the best hair and makeup doer I know, and I am not just biased because she is my older sister! She truly does great work, I ALWAYS get compliments on my hair color. What is also so great about her work is that you can tell how passionate she is. It is so easy to see that she loves what she does and wants you to love the outcome of her work. A little background, I have known Nicole my entire life, that is all. HA! Just kidding, she is my big sissy and I love her. We are only a year and a half apart so you can bet we used to fight and bicker like no other, but she is one of my best friends and I would be lost without her.
I am so excited for her to be a part of the panel, not just for you readers but for myself! I know only the basics of hair and makeup so I will be learning just as much as you will be! I totally want to get her into doing tutorials and all of that stuff. AWW! Sorry I am just so excited about this. Check her out!
- Describe your personal style in 3-5 words: Basic, dark, boho
- Your go to outfit/piece of clothing: Black leggings, flowy black top, and booties
- Favorite place to shop: Target, G-Stage, and small boutiques
- Favorite shoe brand: Steve Madden, New Balance, and Free People
- Favorite current trend: Half up hair with a top knot
- Style preference: Dressy
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration: Instagram, Pinterest, and my sister
- One piece of makeup you cannot live without: Anatasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow
Second up on the.B.Law Style Panel we have Tabitha! Like Heather, she is also going to talk about general style but with her own twist. I have always called Tabitha my flower child, she has always had that more creative style. She is the reason I started pattern mixing, after much pushback. What makes her style so creative is that Tabitha is big on DIY projects and thrifting. I am excited for some of the things she wants to share here. One time, she made a skirt out of a mens’ button up she got at a thrift store. The shirt was a fish print, and our dad had basically the same shirt. I will have to see if she can dig up the picture.
Oh so up there I said “our dad”. Yep I have known Tabitha since she entered this world 23 years ago, she is my younger sister! (note: I am working on saying “younger” instead of “little” because she isn’t little anymore. Just like my older sister can’t call me little) Anyways, Tabitha is pretty amazing. Apart from having great style, she is a great writer, like super great as in you should look forward to reading her blog posts. In fact, you should actually check out her blog too because she is just such a good writer!! Find her blog here —> Tab in Transit <— She will be starting grad school this summer for creative writing, and will most likely be a famous author one day. She has even been published in the LA Review! Okay have I bragged too much yet? I am sorry, I am just so proud of her! She may be my younger sister, but I totally look up to her. Be sure to come back because I want you to love her too!
Okay check out her fun facts now and I will talk to you Friday with the next Panelist!
- Describe your personal style in 3-5 words: Bright, comfy, hippie
- Your go to outfit/piece of clothing: Leggings and a huge sweater
- Favorite place to shop: Nectar Boutique, The Grove Vintage, Deelux, and Target
- Favorite shoe brand: dv for Target
- Favorite current trend: Midi-skirts
- Style preference: Both dressy and casual… but probably more casual
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration: Instagram, Pinterest, and my sisters’ closets
- One piece of makeup you cannot live without: Tarte eyeshadow palettes
Have a happy Wednesday!
As I said in my last post, this week and next I will be introducing my new style panel! I am so excited, I have 6 awesome girls and they all have great things to contribute. So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to Heather!
Heather and I met in college (in some weird cosmic way- story for another time) and then she joined my sorority Sigma Kappa. We continued to grow closer and closer. After graduation she got me a job as an assistant manager with her at Abercrombie and Fitch, AND THEN we were roommates! You all have probably seen her before from when the blog first started. For those of you who haven’t been with me since the beginning, the.B.Law wasn’t always the.B.Law. When I started the blog, 3 years ago next month, it was called Tragic Girls. Tragic Girls was about all of mine and Heather’s tragicness when we lived together. It was the first time we had both lived on our own, and although we were already very independent, we still had a lot to learn. If you are interested, check out these first few tragic posts here, here, here, here, and here! Since then, the blog has evolved and so has mine and Heather’s friendship. We do not live together anymore, but she is still one of my best friends and we talk every day. She is also one I run all of my fashion decisions by.
Heather and I both have tons of retail experience. I worked in retail for just shy of 8 years. Heather I believe is somewhere between 8-9 years? Is that right Heather? Correct me if I am wrong. All of those years are where we got all of our style influence, and turns out, we are pretty good. Heather is my general style and fashion forward panelist. She has great style for every occasion and is never afraid to try the new trends. Whenever I am unsure about trying something new, I am sending a picture of it over to Heather asking her opinion. She is just so great! Below are some fun facts, stay tuned for more and expect some great things from her!
- Describe your personal style in 3-5 words: Basic, boho, chic
- Your go to outfit/piece of clothing: High rise denim with a tank body suit, a chunky sweater, and booties
- Favorite place to shop: Target and H&M
- Favorite shoe brand: Steve Madden
- Favorite current trend: Body suits
- Style preference: Casual
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration: Bloggers on Instagram and fashion magazines
- One piece of makeup you cannot live without: Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara
- Instagram – @heathersheridan
- Facebook – Heather Sheridan
Everyone say hi to Heather!
I am so excited to be introducing my Style Panel next week! A good friend made this suggestion and I was just like, why didn’t I think of that! The whole idea is still new but I have 6 great girls on this panel and the whole idea is that we are here for you. They will provide 6 other personal styles and taste to broaden everyone’s view. I want this to be a collaborative process between us and you readers. Ask questions, give suggestions, talk to us! The style panel girls each have their own personal niche that they will be the “expert” in so to speak, but that doesn’t mean they are limited to that topic. **SPOILER ALERT** one is a beauty expert!
Stay tuned, the first lovely lady gets introduced on Monday. I will have bios for them as well as the story of how we became friends. We will have some great style and great advise from these ladies. I am so excited to announce my team!