I have multiple outfits that I love for going on dates, but I really love dressing for lunch dates. One of my current favorite looks for a lunch date includes this red off the shoulder top I bought from Nectar Clothing (current alternative linked) in the Claremont Village. It is perfect for lunch because you can dress it up or down. Here I paired it with white shorts from Old Navy, and my indigo rd. wedges from Macy’s. Another option could be brown sandals in case you don’t want to look too overdressed. This top could also be paired with blue jean shorts, regular pants, boyfriend jeans, or even white jeans. If you are doing normal blue jeans, you can also try pairing the top with white sandals. I have worn this top with boyfriend jeans, and my wedges out to a dinner date with a friend and it was so perfect for the occasion! Even though this specific top is from last year, this simple look can be easily recreated with most off the shoulder tops, especially since they are still very popular this year. Aside from it being a great date outfit, it is a great spring and summer outfit in general whether on a date, out with the girls, or at a family gathering!
The fourth member of the.B.Law Style Panel is Cherlynn! We have been best friends for 17 years now. We met in the street because my dad moved onto hers when I was in 4th grade. Although we never went to the same school we always stayed in touch and we finally lived in the same city in high school. Then the best thing happened, we went to the same college, the University of La Verne! It was fate. What is so unique about our friendship is she is actually my older sister’s best friend too. Cher is even close to our younger sister. We call ourselves the “Quadpod” and text in a group message everyday. She is literally like a sister and has seen us all through the best and worst times.
Anyways, Cherlynn will be my expert on dressing to work with kids and staying stylish AND comfy doing so. She will also be talking about dressing for dates, especially when it’s a brand new date! I’m excited for what she has to share! Check out her fun facts below:
- Describe your personal style in 3-5 words: In work- professional, outside of work- simple and casual
- Your go to outfit/piece of clothing: Boyfriend pants
- Favorite place to shop: Target
- Favorite shoe brand: Depends on the shoe- Nike, Rainbows, Converse, and heels I don’t care as long as they are comfy!
- Favorite current trend: Anything with flowers
- Style preference: Casual or dressy, it really depends
- Where do you get most of your style inspiration: Pinterest or Instagram
- One piece of makeup you cannot live without: Lancôme foundation